- Last Updated: Tuesday, 27 March 2018 09:56
All drivers and spectators who are onsite at a PCA Potomac Autocross Event must sign a liability waiver. Drivers also will be required to wear a wristband validating their registration and will be required to show this wristband to the grid workers in order to participate. For drivers who are 16-17 years old, please refer to our Junior Participant Program for information on the required waivers.
Junior Participant Program
A PCA member's 16 or 17-year-old children (including step-children), nephews, nieces, and grandchildren may participate as drivers (if they possess a driver's license; a learner's permit is not sufficient), passengers or course workers in our events if the following prerequisites are met.
1) One parent or legal guardian and the sponsoring PCA member must be present at the event (e.g., aunt of the teenager is a PCA member, but the teenager's parents are not -- one parent and the aunt must attend the event). The PCA member must show his/her PCA membership card at onsite registration.
2) Both parents/legal guardians must sign PCA's "Waiver and Release of Liability and Indemnity Agreement for Minors in Restricted Areas, Driving or Riding." This form must be printed in color -- black and white will not be accepted. If one parent or legal guardian is deceased, then the living parent/guardian can state so on the form. In the case of divorced parents, both parents must sign the waiver. The parents/guardians' signatures must be witnessed by someone other than the other parent/guardian. The witness(es) must sign the form.
An annual waiver for a season's events is permissible as long as the date of the event at issue is on the form. Please retain a copy for your records. Click here for the annual waiver for the 2018 season.
3) At each event, the minor participant (driver, passenger, or course worker) must sign the "Junior Participation Program Minor's Assumption of Risk Acknowledgement" form. Click here for this form.
If you are accepted as a pre-registrant for a PCA Potomac Autocross event, payment is made in full at the time of registration on Motorsportreg.com via credit card. If the event is already full, you will be added to the MSR waitlist and payment will not be processed at this time. If you are on the MSR waitlist, payment will be due only if you are notified via email that you have received a confirmed spot. At that time, payment must be made as directed (often within 24 hours or less) to confirm your spot or you will forfeit the spot.
All event registration fees are non-refundable. Unique exceptions are at the sole discretion of the Autocross Chair.
If you are unable to attend an event for which you previously registered, a credit for a future event this season may be available if both of the following criteria are met:
- You cancel your registration on MSR at least two full days in advance of the event (by noon on the Friday preceding a Sunday event); and
- We are able to fill your slot with another paid participant prior to 8 p.m. on the Friday preceding the event.
If both of the above criteria are met, then a credit equal to the cost of your event registration will be applied to your MSR account. Credits only will be good for use for another regular PCA Potomac Autocross event held within the same calendar year.
Pre-Event MSR Waitlist
The maximum number of pre-registered drivers for our events is 60. Once that limit is reached, all additional registrants will be placed onto the waitlist on MSR. Being placed on the waitlist does not mean that you have a guaranteed spot to drive in the event. Rather, drivers will be pulled from the waitlist only in the event that there are cancellations prior to the Friday preceding the event. If you are cleared from the waitlist on MSR, you will be notified via email, and you will have 24 hours (or less, depending on timing) to make payment on MSR to guarantee your spot. If payment is not provided within the time specified in the email, then your spot will be forfeited, and we will offer it to another driver on the waitlist. If you do not receive notification that you have cleared the MSR waitlist by noon on the Friday preceding the event, please refer to the “Walk-up” policy below as an option for arriving and driving on Sunday without pre-registering on MSR.
Walk-up Onsite Waitlist
PCA Potomac maintains a strict cap of 60 pre-registered drivers for our events. However, we do allow for some walk-up slots. The number of walk-up slots available per event is equal to the number of no-shows plus six (6) walk-up spots. Walk-ups are taken on a first come basis. At each event, a walk-up sheet is maintained starting upon our arrival at the venue at 5:30 a.m. Registration closes promptly at 8:15 a.m., and the walk-up list will be processed at that time for any driver beyond the initial six (6) spots. If you choose to attend as a walk-up, please arrive early and let the registration team know that you would like to be on the list. All walk-up spots are $60 in cash.
All drivers must present a valid driver’s license at onsite registration in order to participate in the event.
Car numbers must be 10-12 inches tall, on both side of the car, and in a color contrasting with the color of the car. Participants may choose a dedicated (available) car number through MSR.
The following is the approximate event schedule for our standard events
|7:00 a.m.||Site opens|
|7:00-8:30 a.m.||Tech Inspection|
|8:15-8:45 a.m.||Course Walkthrough|
|8:00-9:05 a.m.||Mandatory Drivers’ Meeting|
|9:30 a.m.||Heat 1 begins|
|~12:00 p.m.||Heat 2 begins|
|2:30-3:00 p.m.||Typical ending time|
All cars must go through an onsite Tech inspection at each event. All loose items must be removed from the interior and trunk compartments, and numbers must be on the car before proceeding to the Tech line. Any car that does not pass Tech will not be permitted to participate. If you have any concerns about whether your car will pass Tech, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible prior to the event.
Passengers are permitted only when the driver or passenger is a recognized PCA Potomac Autocross Instructor, or when the following steps are satisfied:
- The driver informs the Autocross Chair that he or she would like to be able to take passengers;
- A recognized PCA Potomac Autocross Instructor rides along with the driver in the driver’s car and validates that the driver conducts himself or herself in a safe manner;
- The instructor notifies the Autocross Chair of his or her assessment of the driver; and
- The Autocross Chair determines that the driver may take a passenger.
Food and Beverage
Breakfast and lunch, as well as assorted beverages and snacks, are included with the price of registration. Breakfast is normally light continental (bagels/pastry) and hot coffee. Lunch is often custom cooked for each event by our Social Chair and varies with each event. Cold beverages, water, and assorted snacks are available throughout the day and are also provided on-course for workers. We regret that we cannot accommodate any special dietary needs.