Virginia Highlands Tour Beckons
- Last Updated: Monday, 08 April 2019 11:38
- Written by Glenn Havinoviski
It's back! We once again head into the hills...and mountains......For those of you unfamiliar with this event, THIS IS A DRIVERS TOUR. It’s a solid 2+ days of driving – usually 6 hours / day of nothing but turns - so be advised. This is the point. If you don’t want to turn, just let us know and peel off and meet us there using Interstates. There will be rest stops every 90 mins or so. No whining, smiles mandatory, top down encouraged. And there is always a surprise. We will be staying at the Inn at Grist Mill Square in Warm Springs, VA. More info in the advertisement on MotorsportReg can be found here: msreg.com/vahigh19
There is a registration fee of $100 per person who will be traveling which covers: Friday night Bluegrass Band, group tips for staff at the hotel, and souvenir article of clothing.
- Friday, July 19: Haymarket, VA. Depart by 10:15 am driving mostly back roads by way of the Shenandoah and George Washington National Parks. Arrive to Warm Springs, VA by @ 5 pm. Group Dinner Friday $60 pp charged separately.
- Saturday, July 20: Warm Springs, VA to a 6 hour drive through Bath and Alleghany counties in westernmost Virginia. Tour includes Lake Moomaw, GathrightDam, Ingalls Field and Airport Road (Virginia’s “Teeth of the Dragon.”) Dinner at several different places nearby is self-organized and paid separately.
- Sunday, July 21: Warm Springs, VA to home. No plans. Leave when you want, however you want. Bath County Art show is going on – wonderful local, national, and international art.
You can register for the Virginia Highlands tour at msreg.com/vahigh19