Spring Drive to Sykesville
- Last Updated: Monday, 08 April 2019 11:38
- Written by Glenn Havinoviski
This year PCA Potomac will host a Spring Drive through central Maryland! On Sunday April 28, we'll trek through northern Howard and Carroll Counties from a rally point north of Washington DC (where we will meet around 10 AM).
Our drive was expressly developed by our friends in Chesapeake Region and will include a ring route around beautiful Liberty Reservoir northwest of Baltimore. Our drive will end at noontime in historic Sykesville at Baldwin's Station, "The Hottest Spot in the Coolest Small Town". Outside the station, parking will be reserved by the town specifically for our Porsches. A gentle reminder to make our cars look spiffy, for the restaurant will be inviting visitors and townspeople to come see them! Registration fee will be $25 and will include lunch with salad, cookie, plus coffee/tea or soft drinks, and includes tax and gratuity. After lunch you'll be able to do the following:
- Visit Patapsco Distilling Company just across from the station. You can find details here: https://www.patapscodistilling.com Enjoy a free tour and tasting, and perhaps buy some of their bourbon, gin and vodka locally sourced from Maryland grains, in a historic building.
- Enjoy ice cream (what is a Drive and Dine event without ice cream?). Firehouse Creamery (next door to Baldwin's Station) and Norwood Ice Cream and Candy just up the street can satisfy your cravings.
- Visit some antique stores and a place called "Cowboys and Angels" where you can get a set of awesome cowboy or cowgirl boots.
You can register for this drive, lunch, and car show here http://msreg.com/springmd